Monday, June 27, 2011

Miss Crafty Pants Monday

This weekend Mister and I made rainbow yogurt popsicles. I've seen these made with Jello and Koolaid but we don't really eat or drink either of those. I wanted to make them a little bit healthier. Here's how we did it. First this is what you need. Small paper cups, popsicle sticks and 12 containers of yogurt. I used strawberry, peach, lemon, Key lime Pie, blueberry and boysenberry.  You need two of each flavor.
Next Mister and I started with the strawberry yogurt. We put a layer in the bottom of the cup, about a really large spoonful. This will take a very special helper.




I put them in the freezer for 25 minutes. Then I took them out and repeated with every color of yogurt, freezing for 25 minutes after every layer except the last. I froze the "purple" layer for 10 minutes, then added the popsicle sticks. Then I froze them overnight, but it would probably only take 3 hours if you really wanted to eat them!



To take them out I just ran the cup under warm water for a few seconds and out it came! So pretty. A little dissapointed that the blueberry was purple, but oh well.




Finally enjoy. As you can see Mister did.



On another crafty note Mister and I made these little love birds this morning in honor of mine and Hubcap's anniversary tommorrow. All I did was cut out a bunch of different hearts with different colored paper and Mister glued them together.

I know that these crafts are super easy but I'm working with an almost two year old here so it can't be too complicated. Happy Crafty Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! :) Very cute... I don't know how you have time !:)

    ReplyDelete