Good morning friends! We've had a busy morning already over here and it's not even 10:00! Oh the things you can do when your child loves to wake up bright and early! Now Oodles is down for her morning nap and Mister is watching his episode of Sesame Street so I thought I would share with you some things I am loving.
1.I am loving that this little girl learned to clap. She now claps almost all day, but at the most appropriate times. Daddy's home, she claps, Mister helped, she claps, Mommy spilled paint, she claps, seriously this girl is smart! She also has her fake little laugh down pat, so now any time any one opens their mouth to speak she busts up laughing. And claps of course.
2. Yes, I am loving apples, oranges and cinnamon. If you peel the orange and cut the apple up into rounds, put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle them with cinnamon, put it in your oven at 250 it makes your house smell AMAZING! It last a long time too, you can use the same pan five or six times before they get a little too crispy! Try it, you'll love it!
3. Twisted Peppermint lotion from Bath and Body Works. I got this last year as a present from one of my kindergartners. Yummy! I like to put it on the babies when they are done with their baths. It makes them smell sweet and Christmasy....
4. Our first Fancy Nancy book! I have been dying to get Little Miss a Fancy Nancy book and I finally broke down and bought her one last night. I always get Mister a new Christmas book each year so last night at the store he got to choose one, and I chose this one for Little Miss. This book is so cute!! Can't wait to buy Little Miss some more!
5. Little Miss's stocking. I bought a plain white stocking at WalMart and then added some doodads and voila! Its so cute, and she loves it. She clapped when I was done....
6. And lastly I am loving these muffins! Cappachino Chip and Lemon Berry Cream to be exact. Here are the recipes.
These muffins will change your life...(or your pant size) Seriously these are so good! I found the recipe : here. Yum, yum and more yum.
And now for the Lemon Berry Cream Muffins. These are kind of summery, but last night they had a sale on raspberries so I had to make them. These are the muffins I have made for my doctor and their assistant right before I have had my babies. I want to offer them something yummy so that they are super nice to me while giving birth, or the second time chopping me open, but I also dont want them to think I just sit around and eat baked goods all day, henceforth that is why I am HUGE! So I make them these "healthy" muffins. Healthy because they have two healthy ingredients, lemon and berries.... So far it has worked, they have been very nice about chopping me open and have not made one comment about me being huge...
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries (if frozen do not thaw out)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup of lemon yogurt (I use two of the 6 oz Yoplait yogurts)
1-2 tsp of grated lemon zest
1/2 vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a bowl combine the first six ingredients. Carefully fold in the berries.
In another bowl combine the next five ingredients.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry.
Fill greased muffin tins about 2/3rds full.
If you are not making the streusal topping now you can Bake for 18-22 minutes at 400. (My oven tends to run hot, so I bake mine for 15 minutes and they are perfect)
Let sit for five minutes before removing!
Today I did not make a streusel topping because I'm going to freeze these but usually I do. To do this you combine:
3 tblsps flour
3 tblsps quick cooking oats
1 tbsp white sugar
1tbsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Cut in 2 tblsp of cold butter until crumbly. Sprinke over muffins before baking. Follow the instructions above for the baking/cooling.
So there you have it! I hope you enjoy!