Tuesday, March 27, 2012

This that and everything in between...

I found this picture I took last week today ...I just love it. It is so us! Hubcap was getting ready to take me out for my birthday and this little one and I were goofing around. 
Today we did this! I made a fort for the kiddos, but Mister told me it was a big truck. We took a LONG road trip. He's a bossy driver, there is definitely no back seat driving allowed with him! 

Anyways just thought I would share some yummy recipes from dinner we had/or having this week! First up 
Parmesan Chicken with Garlic Lemon Creme Sauce
This is so GOOD!!! And its super easy, which is of course, always nice. I got this recipe out of a Taste of Home from a year ago and then tweaked it to suit us. Here it is:
You will need : 4 chicken breasts (you flatten them though so I can get away with three and still have leftovers)
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tsp  dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp olive oil
 Sauce: 
2 tbsp minced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 chicken broth
juice of half a lemon
2 tsp lemon peel grated
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp butter

First you flatten your chicken. This always makes them way bigger (duh) so I always cut mine into smaller pieces.  
In a bowl combine eggs, cheese and spices. Put your flour in another bowl. Heat your olive oil on the stove in a pan. Then coat chicken with the egg mixture, the flour mixture then put in pan. Brown on both sides and then put into a greased 9x13 pan. Brown remaining chicken.
Bake your chicken, uncovered at 375 for 15-20 minutes. 
When your chicken is in the oven you can make your sauce. To the same pan you cooked your chicken in add your minced onion. Cook until it looks tender then add your garlic, cook for about a minute. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice and grated lemon peel over medium heat until the liquid has reduced by half. Then add your cream, cook until it thickens some. Then stir in butter until it has melted. Serve sauce over chicken.
So good!!! We had ours with mashed garlic red potatoes and asparagus. 
I know that whipping cream can be pricey and shredded Parmesan cheese, so I plan on making Pasta Primavera later in the week, and then pancakes with homeade whipped cream to get the most out of both! :) 


Ok now to the next MOST DELICIOUS stuff ever! Flank steak bruschetta... oh my stars so good.
You will need:
one flank steak
balsamic vinegar
1 loaf french baguette 
tomatoes
basil 
garlic
olive oil
mixed greens
The night before you make this meal, or even the morning of cut your flank steak into thin strips. Put in a bag with 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic. Let marinade in the fridge over night or all day.
When dinner comes grill your flank steak however you like it..:) 
A few hours before dinner I like to make the bruschetta. Dice up 4-6 tomatoes. Add 4-5 basil leaves that have been sliced into small pieces. Mix into tomatoes. Add 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, olive oil (1-2 tblsp). You can also add salt and pepper if you want, I usually dont. Let this sit in the fridge and marry all those yummy flavors together.
So while your flank steak is cooking, slice up your french baguette into slices/chunks. Brush with olive oil and and broil under high heat until it is to your liking. Take out of oven and then top with your bruschetta. Then you can top each one with a little sprinkling of your mixed greens. I use the 1/2 spring mix 1/2 spinach. Then place 1-2 strips of your flank steak on top. Thats it!!! This is so good, its not even funny! We will be eating ours with grilled artichokes...I can't wait for dinner tomorrow!
Thats it friends! Happy Tuesday night! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that recipe sounds amazing! AND you have inspired me to maybe try a little fort makin' on my own this weekend, when I am home alone with the kiddo.

    ReplyDelete