Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie


Good morning friends! We have been up since 4:30 at our house...(rise and shine and give God the glory, glory!) We're going to try to soak up the last of the sunshine before a storm hits for the next couple of days...
I don't know about you but I really honestly want my kids to eat healthy, but sometimes it gets hard trying to find new, fun things that they will actually eat! My kids aren't picky at all,which is nice, but I sometimes get in a rut when it comes to snacks. I have been pinning some snacks on Pinterest, but a lot of times when I actually check them out I know it would not go over that well. So using some ideas I found I whipped up this peanut butter banana oatmeal smoothie for the kiddos...and they loved it! So here it is..

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
1. First, cook your oatmeal. I cooked a 1/2 cup of oatmeal in 1 cup of milk until it was nice and creamy. 
2. I added a few ice cubes to the oatmeal to cool it off a little before I added it to the cold blender. 
3. In my blended I added one banana, 1/2 cup of walnuts and 2 tblsp of peanut butter. Then I added my cooked oatmeal and blended until it was smooth.
4. I added two cups of ice and blended until it was smooth again, then poured into cups.

It made 4 cups of smoothie. Next time I will probably half the recipe, but now my kids will already have their afternoon snack ready! 

Here they are enjoying... Hope you all have a great day! 



1 comment:

  1. That actually sounds really yummy. I never would have thought of blending oatmeal! But I'll have to remember this :)

    ReplyDelete