Sunday, October 9, 2011

Miss Crafty Pants Monday: Closet organizing and reusing a crib

Dont you love lazy weekends? I do, and we had just that this weekend. It was full of:



family football games
gummy smiles
air turbulance
dressing ourselves



arranging pumpkins

and cute clean babies in fall pajamas.

This week for my craft I decided to show you what I made with my old crib. When Mister was born my mom gave me the crib that I slept in when I was a baby and that she slept in as well. Unfortunetly this makes the crib kind of old (only kind of old  mom) and was not in baby sleeping condition. I didnt want it to go to waste so I decided to use the parts in different ways. So I took the sides of the cribs and hung them on a section of our backyard fence. I then wired cute little pots and a mason jar to the sides, and got this:

Cute right?!?!  I love looking out my side window now when I do dishes. I put a bench under it and hung some other little signs and it turned out perfect! I'm looking forward to decorating  them for different holidays. I knew that I wanted to use some part of the crib to display something about my babies. It was a crib afterall. So I turned the spring base into a bulletin board. I hung the babies birth announcements on it and some of my favorite pictures of me and the babies.


I love it! I hung it right next to the rocking chair that my dad bought my mom when she was pregnant with me, that I now have in my room to rock my babies in.
Ok, now for the Five Day Organization I told you about last week. I had some grand ideas but when in came down to it, I wanted to do something with the resources I already had. I cleaned out my entire hall closet and it was completley empty. So I hung up 10 hangers along the backside of the closet. Next to each hanger I put a letter sticker, representing the day of the week the hanger was for. That's it! So easy.


Now obviously not everyone has an empty closet but this could easily be done just by hanging the clothes on the pole and adding a doorhanger to the hanger for the day of the week it was for. I just had the space, and I love the way it looks. I also realized that I need to start buying Mister another color besides blue to wear.

Thats it this week! Nothing too exciting, but fun all the same. :) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment