Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why I love Teaching

Most days out of the week I stay at home with my babies and I'm a stay at home mom. But on the other days I leave my home and go teach 3rd/4th Grade. I am team teaching this year which is such a blessing. Honestly most  days those kids kick my tushie. I am exhausted when I come home, they are fun but so tiring!!!! And even though it makes my heart literally ache when I leave my babies those mornings, at least I am going to 25 energetic students who I love. Heres why:
1. Today  I was having one little girl help me proofread other students writing when she was done with hers. When it was time to go to recess she came up to me and in all seriousness asked," What are we going to do with those kids?"
2. They laugh at all my jokes and think my songs I come up with are funny.
3. They cannot wait to tell me all their stories that have happened over the weekend/ last couple days of school.
4. Yesterday one little guy seriously told me he was growing a mustache. Today when I asked him how it was going he replied, "slow".  FUNNIEST, THING, EVER!
5. We always listen to orchestra/classical music in class and when they come in I make them pirouette to their seats and they all do it willingly, even the boys. :)
6. They totally support my germ-a-phobic tendencies and even warn visitors, "Watch out, she might Lysol you."
7. One little guy on every single writing prompt we do writes, " Dont you think my writing is smooth Mrs. B?"
8. All their cute pictures and drawings. Today from my little English Language learner I got a picture that said "Mrs. B the star and most famous of the earth."  It is so hanging on my fridge tonight.
9. They always use their big fancy vocab words when they are speaking to impress me. " Mrs. B arent you so exasperated?" " Im just famished, arent you?"
10. Last week before school I sprinkled green glitter on their desks and told them it was Grinch dust and they believed me!
11. They would rather stay inside with me at recess then go out and play. I would rather them go play... :)
12. One little guy brought me Starbucks today, and then after giving it to me said, "Well doesnt that deserve a hug?" HAHAHA, YES SIR!
13. They think my babies are so cute. Smart class.
14. Two little guys told me that they are going to take over their dad's lawn business when they grow up. They said they would mow my lawn and take real good care of it for half price!!! What a steal!
15. All of the " Youre fun Mrs. B" and " I love you's"
One of my favorite quotes is, " This business of training little humans for life is a mind- bogging process." SO TRUE! So here's to my overwhelming yet rewarding job!! I love you too little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment