Monday, March 25, 2013

You Are My Sunshine Tea Party







 Yesterday my first baby girl turned 2! Still in shock that my sweetest, tiny baby girl is now a dancing/singing/talking up a storm little girl! We celebrated her big day on Saturday with a You Are My Sunshine tea party. It was a blast! It was by far one of my favorite parties I've done for my kiddos so far. My Little Miss is full of joy, and the joy is contagious so I thought the theme was fitting for her. She loves her tea parties as well so it was a perfect match.I invited two of her little friends and their mamas and her grandmas, aunties and her favorite church lady! A small party was perfect... Here are some snap shots of our day.
                                                    
A snap shot of the party room. I originally wanted to do the party out on our back patio but it was super windy the day of the party and I wanted everyone to be comfortable as well. It still turned out really cute!



Sunny flowers...


We did all desserts for our afternoon tea party... sunshine cupcakes and cupcakes topped with mini pinwheels... 

strawberries dipped in white chocolate and nerds


lemon tarts


The goody baskets. Inside was a pinwheel topped pencil, glitter crayons, an IZZE juice drink, bubbles and a butterfly of jelly beans...everything that reminded me of a sunny day and Little Miss' favorite things.


For an activity we painted these little cupcakes. Little Miss loves to paint! 


Pinwheel wreath



                                                   
                                 Pinwheel streamer chandelier

the table..... 

the food table.. I made the poms out of tissue paper and the backdrop for the table is just what seemed like a million pinwheels I made hot glued to a big box lid! 


my hutch with its sunny banner



Here I am with my big girl! 

and my two girls! 

sipping tea! 
singing Happy Birthday..

blowing out her candle..

painting... (We also played Elefun as an activity) 



opening presents...

and playing with her new water table after the party! 

My mom and I with the girls..


Auntie T and the girls! 

even Baby Sister wore her sunshine yellow! 

Here my little one is on her birthday! Such a sweet fun day for a sweet, fun girl! I am so blessed by her every  single day and so glad God gave her to me!! 


3 comments:

  1. you couldn't have thrown a cuter party!
    my favorite parts: the beautiful pinwheels, the adorable goody baskets, and the outfits you picked for your girls!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Christie! I hope you did most of this before the baby was born. Love your crazy energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, happy, and so inspiring! I love all of your super cute decor and ideas. You look fabulous too, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete