Monday, September 9, 2013

Meal Plan Monday


(teriyaki salmon, homeade rice a roni, grilled veggies and salad)

Happy day that it is finally September. I was in a food rut this summer... and even though it's not technically fall there is the promise of fall with the hints of the leaves turning colors, the cool evenings and mornings and the pumpkin fields growing at the Pumpkin Farm. And that has put me in a cooking mood! Here is a look at our meals this week:

Sunday: white bean chicken chili, cornbread, fried okra

Monday: Balsamic and brown sugar crock pot pork sirloin, red mashed potatoes, stuffing and roasted asparagus

Tuesday: Spanish Veggie Casserole

Wednesday: Crockpot Veggie Spagetti with Italian Sausages

Thursday: Beef Stroganoff, Broccoli and Balsamic roasted cauliflower

Friday: Lemon roasted chicken, brushetta, green beans

I thought I would share Tuesday and Wednesday's recipes as well.

For the Veggie Casserole I just chop up and saute any veggies I have in a pan with garlic, onion and olive oil, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Then I mix in 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice and pour it in a 9x13 pan. I top it with black beans,  cooked cubed chicken and cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. I add a layer of tortilla chips and green onions then bake for about 5 minutes. I serve it with avocado. Super easy and yummy! 

For my veggie tomato sauce I just do a can of diced tomatoes and tomato paste and then add fresh garlic, zucchini  carrots, mushrooms, basil, onion and tomatoes. I cook it in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours.. so yummy and an easy way to eat your veggies. 

Happy Eating! 



No comments:

Post a Comment