Sunday, September 29, 2013

Minnie Mouse Mobile


So awhile back I saw on Pinterest a picture of a Minnie Mouse mobile. So in no way shape or form is this my idea, but I thought I would share how we made ours just because I could only find pictures..not tutorials. 

I think the hardest part about this project was finding a cozy coupe that did not have eyes!!! All the new models have eyes and I just really didn't want that. So after about 4 months I found one for $5 and I snatched it up. 

First we taped the little car up dividing it into two parts. We spray painted the bottom half white using a plastic, kid friendly spray paint. While it was drying I cut out circles using painters tape and when it was done drying I added the circles wherever I wanted along the bottom. Next came the coat of red spray paint over the white... After that had dried we covered the bottom half with old towels and spray painted the top half black. 

My husband cut two circles out of a piece of plywood and the a bow shape. We spray painted both and he nail gunned them together.Then he screwed brackets into the top of the car and then bracketed the ears in. I added the white dots and voila! A Minnie Mouse Mobile! So easy and cheap and so much cuter than a regular old car...and Little Miss loves it! 





1 comment:

  1. I adore this! Anna Ruth is obsessed with Mickey and Minnie both :)

    ReplyDelete