So every once in awhile I do Meal Plan Monday, mainly because most of the time I'm too lazy to post it but this week I'm not lazy, just late. Sooo.... usually I have a specific meal for a specific night but summer is different. In summer I still have specific meals planned but I decide the day of which meal I'm going to make according to our plans.
So here is a list of our meals this week:
fried fish and veggie fried rice
BBQ pork chops smothered with sauteed peppers, mushrooms and onions, Greek Quinoa salad, grilled corn on the cob
Black bean Chicken Tacos
Turkey Meatballs with pasta, Roasted Veggies
Pasta salad with Roasted veggies, turkey sandwiches
Lettuce wraps
Pork Stir fry
For lunch we always eat leftovers or turkey or veggie sandwiches
For breakfast the kids usually eat granola and yogurt with scrambled eggs and fruit and I eat a half a bagel and cream cheese with a smoothie and COFFEE
I also quit buying boxed snacks completely because they are just too darn expensive.. I started this months ago and I love it. I will admit I do buy graham crackers because honestly I use them in public to make baby sister quiet. True Story. Other than that the kiddos eat for snack:
apple sauce, fresh fruit, yogurt, Outshine Popsicles, smoothies, string cheese, veggies with hummus
Also I thought I would share what I put in my go to smoothie recipe
handful of spinach
handful of kale
handful of walnuts
blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
juice from an orange
banana
peach
strawberry yogurt
dash of water
ice
Blend it together and yum! The kiddos love it too which is great!
So that is our week of eating in a nutshell... if anyone has any fun new recipes they would like to send my way please do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment