Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Crockpot Wednesday: Creole Chicken


Today's crockpot recipe is Creole Chicken. I love creole seasoning, and I love to use alot of veggies in my dinner's so this recipe is perfect! You can make it as spicy or non/spicy as you want! Heres what you need.



2-4 chicken breasts, one onion (diced), three cloves of garlic (minced), 1 zuchinni (chopped), baby carrots, 1 small package of mushrooms, 1 can diced tomatoes with juice, 1/2 can of tomato paste, chicken broth (add to your liking), 1 can of jalapenos or chili's, 1 can black beans, Creole seasoning (to your liking), salt and pepper (to your liking)

First chop up all your veggies and garlic add to pot. I like my baby carrots whole and I only used half a thing of mushrooms because I don't really like them but Hubcap and Mister do.

Next you add the rest of your ingredients. You can add the chicken broth to make the sauce the consistency you like, I don't add too, too much to keep the sauce thicker. I add about 1 1/2 tblsps of Creole, but it's all up to you!

Then all you do is cook on Low for 10-12 hrs or High 5-6.

We eat our's over rice. Tonight we will have this with cantelope and corn on the cob. This is really healthy and filling which is good, but has alot of flavor, the best of both worlds. Happy eating!

Unfortunetly blogger won't let me add any pictures...bleck.

No comments:

Post a Comment