Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meal Plan Wednesday and Whole Wheat French Toast with Strawberries

Thought I would share a fun recipe with you today and my meal plan for the week.
I usually do my grocery shopping on Tuesdays,kind of strange, but it works out for our family. Haha, or me. Here's what our week looks like.




Tuesday: Whole Wheat Strawberry French         Toast/Bacon


Wednesday: Grilled Flank Steak/Grilled Purple Onions with mixed greens on Pan Fried Garlic Toast, Artichokes

Thursday: Garlic Lemon Salmon, Cheddar Biscuits, Roasted Asparagus

Friday: Grilled Chicken/Bacon/Guacamole Sandwiches, Summer Succatosh, Watermelon

Saturday: Foil Wrapped Tex Mex Nachos

Sunday: Grilled Mesquite Chicken, Grilled Veggies (red, yellow and orange peppers, zucchini,purple onion,asparagus), rice

Monday: Veggie Bacon quiche, strawberries, salad

That is our week at a glance! The recipe I want to share with you is Whole Wheat French Toast with strawberries. Nothing fancy, just delicious! (The picture shown is obviously whole wheat french toast with blueberries,ran out of strawberries for breakfast this morning)

Here's what you will need: 
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tsp sugar, 1 tsp white sugar, 1 tsp brown sugar
  • 8 slices whole wheat bread
  • ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp butter
First, turn on your oven as low as it will get. Nothing worse than cold french toast...

Next beat your eggs in a bowl, then add your milk, sugars, vanilla and cinnamon. 

Heat up a frying pan on the stove at medium heat, melt butter. 

When your pan is ready, take a slice of your bread and dip it in your egg mixture,10 seconds on each side.(If your bowl is not large enough, transfer egg mixture into a 9x13 pan)  

Add to hot pan. Cook until golden brown on each side. Put into a waiting oven safe dish, and then place in warm oven.... Continue cooking rest of your toast.

Serve with syrup and sliced strawberries..(or blueberries)

Yummy! 

If there is a recipe you see from my meal plan that you would like, just let me know! Leave a comment or email me and I can either post it or email you! 

Happy Wednesday! 


1 comment:

  1. You have the cutest dishes, I saw some super cute cowgirl ones in another post too! I have a dish obsession! The french toast looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete