With summer here I decided to make a plan for our summer. I have been pinning like crazy, filling up my boards with fun ideas for the family and decided I needed to map out all of my ideas. I found a really neat summer schedule and decided to tweak it to our family.
Here's what it looks like:
Monday: Make Something Monday
Tuesday: Be Thoughtful Tuesday
Wednesday:Whats Cooking Wednesday
Thursday:Somewhere Fun Thursday
Friday:Clean Up Friday
I really like the idea of designating a certain day of the week to a certain type of activity. It keeps us on routine and gives me a schedule thats easy to follow.
First I made a list of all the arts and crafts and fun new recipes I wanted to try off of Pinterest and made a list. Then I downloaded a free calendar off of google and plugged in all of the fun things onto the day's of the week that matched. It worked out perfect!
I also jumped on the summer list bandwagon and made one for our family. It's obviously nothing fancy, and since my kids are only 2 and 1, a lot of the things on the list they couldn't help me come up with, or are just goals I have for myself or places we want to take them!
Here are some examples:
Mountain Dew Paint
fishing
library
train musuem
cook outs (with friends)
mud fight
make jam
finish Kids Yard
enter a pie in the fair
tent night in the backyard
After making my summer list I went back through on my calendars and plugged in places to go on Somewhere Fun Thursdays. I tried to stick to a theme too, which was fun!
Finally I wanted to come up with some chores for this little guy to have every morning. Never too early to teach em responsibility in my book.
I am one of those people who can't go and do something fun unless my house is in order. I am THAT crazy lady whose whole family is in the car and she is frantically picking up toys and putting laundry in closets so she can come home to a clean house.
That being said I knew I could have Mister help me some of my daily chores, that way we can start the fun faster!
Here's what I came up with:
Sweep kitchen floor (with a mini broom and dust pan)
Put laundry in hamper
wipe off bathroom counters( I made some all natural bathroom wipes that he can use)
I also made him a little chart and if he can do these things,every day, he can have a sticker. At the end of the week he can have a prize if he get's 6 stickers. (Prizes include: juice boxes (treat in this house), a new Hot Wheels, a whole sticker pack, etc...
He still will have to pick up his toys and room as well, but no reward for that! You play with it, you put it away is our rule.
Hopefully this summer will be ALOT of fun and thanks to our new schedule we can cram everything in!
Question: Can anyone think of some 2 and 1 year old appropriate Random Acts of Kindness Activites we can do on Tuesdays? I have thought of some, but not enough to fill up the calendar!! Ideas would be appreciated!!!
You might already have these, but some ideas for random acts of kindness:
ReplyDelete-give thank you cards to someone (like a Sunday school teacher)
-bring someone cookies/cupcakes
-call a long-distance relative
-draw a picture for someone
-hold the door open for someone