I had a scheduled c-section for March 11, a Monday. Always in the back of my mind I thought I wouldn't make it to that point. I just knew she wanted out. On Sunday March 3rd I just felt gross. Tired and worn out. The day before we had had our last family day because Hubcap was scheduled to work the next Saturday with the early rice season. We went to breakfast and Target, did some fun Easter crafts, played games and Little Miss and I had a spa night and did manicures and pedicures. She chose the colors..rainbow toes for mama and her. I thought in my head that I would have plenty of times to choose something a little more mature for her sisters birth..ha! I stayed in bed pretty much all Sunday and then that night I started having contractions. Very consistent and very close together. As in 3 minutes apart for 2 hrs straight. We headed to the hospital because since I had had two prior c-sections we were instructed to go as soon as I had any regular contractions at all because they didn't want me in labor! At the hospital I was given a shot of something that stopped my contractions and was told my scheduled c-section was still on. I was highly dissappointed and frustrated.. I just wanted her out! (Come to find out later there is a new March of Dimes law that doctors cannot do a scheduled c-section before the 39th week and they have to be able to chart and prove that the woman was in real labor!)
So we went home at 2:00 in the morning. The next day I kind of pouted, not going to lie. Then on Tuesday I woke up, told myself I was going to enjoy this last week with my two kiddies and we were going to have fun!! But first to clean out my craft cupboard. While I was cleaning out the cupboard my contractions started again. And so back to the hospital we went at 4:00 in the afternoon.
I had the sweetest nurse, one of the kindest, funniest women I have ever met. She kept a close eye on my contractions, they were still trying to decide if I would get another shot and get sent home again. All of sudden Michael and I heard them talking in the hallways about prepping for surgery, and my sweet nurse came in and said, "It's time!" What a world wind!! Michael ran to get our bags from the car while I got prepped. My doctor came in and joked with us and then left and we were all waiting for the assistant doctor to show up. When I heard his name and him walk in I about died laughing. About 4 months earlier he had been my doctor at Urgent Care and he had said he wanted to help with my c-section. I thought, who is this crazy man??! and thought he was just being nice/making conversation. Low and behold guess who was at my c-section. I told him he jinxed himself.
They wheeled me in for surgery, I had my epidural and they started. The assistant doctor joked with me about naming the baby after him, a girly version of his name. The anesthesiologist was playing Pandora and all of a sudden the song Whats Your Name Little Girl by Lynard Skynard started playing and we all started laughing and then they said, Ready to meet her, get your camera... and she was here!! I don't know why but it was magical. So peaceful and calm and laid back. I wasn't nervous at all which was a miracle because I was so nervous my entire pregnancy about my third c-section.
At the end of my pregnancy I listed to four songs on repeat all day, every day. One was Tim McGraws new song One of those nights...and that song is my song for Sis' birth. It will be a night I never forget. So thankful that God knew exactly when he wanted her to be born and how he wanted it to happen. I am so thankful that he threw in some really fun details as well to make it extra special. :)
I loved reading this sweet story. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete