Thursday, June 13, 2013

Brown Bag Feather Headband

I almost feel silly posting this, it's so easy... but it is also so cute and cheap that I thought I would share. The kiddos and I made some really cute Indian Headbands the other day using brown paper bags and I thought I would share.
All you need is one brown grocery store bag, paint colors of your choice, tape, hot glue and a marker. 


First I had the kiddos paint a large portion of brown bag. I actually drew feathers on their pieces but since they are still so young they kind of just painted everywhere..which was fine. I made the baby's of course and I drew her feathers and painted them the colors I wanted. 




Working hard...

After their paint had dried I cut out feather shapes. Then using a sharpie I drew on the lines however I wanted. 
After my feathers were done I measured their heads and cut out strips of paper from the same brown bag and taped it together. Then I hot glued the feathers on the front of their bands...  You can do as many or as little as you want..it doesn't really matter because they turn out so..... 




Cute!!! Love my little Indian princesses... 


So there you have it... a fun way to recycle and channel your inner Pocahontas. 

2 comments: