Wednesday, March 26, 2014

30

On Saturday I turned thirty. Crazy to think about... and it finally dawned on me that I will never get younger or be able to go back in time. I really don't think that my thirties will be much different from my twenties, life style wise considering I was married at 24 and then had 3 kids. But we are entering a new phase of life with them, which definitely makes me feel 30. 

My birthday was the best ever. Earlier in the week my parents came for Little Miss birthday party. So on Tuesday my dad watched the older two and my mom and I went shopping and she bought me some CUTE clothes. And gelato. While we were gone my dad cleaned out and washed my car. Hello my love language! That night Hubcap and I got to go to dinner with some of our friends and when we came home the kids and my parents suprised me and through me a little party. The kids decorated and made me brownies. So cute. 

On my actual birthday the weather was perfect .Sunny and 80 degrees. My other love language=sunshine. The kids and Hubcap took me to my favorite restaurant for breakfast. I go every year on my birthday and this was the first one without my mom coming to. Kind of weird, so I ordered what she would have ordered. :) Then we went to this huge nursery I have been wanting to go to and Hubcap bought me four pine trees for our back yard. We went and got coffee and then went to the park where we go creekwalking in the summer and took a walk on the trail. Then we came home where I sat in the sunshine and then we took the kids to my inlaws and Hubcap to me to a nice, fancy restaurant we have been wanting to try. It was a French restaurant, and it was so beautiful. The food was amazing and I got a little thing of cappuccino gelato and the waitress sang me Happy Birthday in French. Oh my goodness, so fun. Then Hubcap took me to Whole Foods and bought me daisies and then we went to Barnes and Nobles and I got a book I've been wanting and the movie Julie and Julia. We went next door to Old Navy and Hubcap bought me new pajamas and then we headed home. 
So you want to be 30 now too right? Best day ever. The night before I was saying Colton's prayers with him and usually he repeats after me, but out of no where he prayed, "And please help Mommy to have the best birthday every tomorrow." Sweetest boy.  And I did. 
So cheers to 30!    




(the magic of Macy's) 



3 comments:

  1. I loved everything about this post. And you're gorgeous. And need to give me style helllppppppp! Happy Birthday sweet friend. 30 is going to be your best, I just know it! :) XO p.s.-Julie and Julia-most favorite movie. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweet friend!! I love your style! You don't need help at all... I think I got lucky that day because I have not been able to find anything I have liked at the store for a LONG time. My favorite movie too besides You've Got Mail, I watched it yesterday while Gk nursed. It always makes me so hungry. Also I need to ween that child, but shes obsessed. She's going to go to Kindergarten and it will be snack time and she will be like, "Hey look I brought my mom for snack." Oh my goodness.

      Delete
  2. Happy 30th birthday Christie!!
    Love your outfits in this post.
    Sounds like it was a wonderful day--especially because it's warm & sunny where you are! :)
    www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete