Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Big Chief and Sacajawea

Since My Little Miss fell the other day on my inlaw's fireplace and had to get stitches I have been calling her my warrior princess. She was born with feathery hair and loves to be outside, so I think she is just channeling her inner Sacajawea. 
I made her this cute little headband last week. Very cute. The other day we found some great leaves and sticks at one of our outings to the park. I decided we should make something out of them...so in honor of my little warrior we made Indian head dresses and War Sticks. 
Heres what you need: 

brown bag, paint, paint brushes, sticks and good leaves. 


Then all you have to do is paint them!! I know, seriously difficult right??!?!? Heres Mister's...

Here is my feather..

and my War Stick.
Little Miss painted hers after Mister. I think its a lot smoother to have them paint at separate times. My wood floors appreciate it too! 
Then I just cut strips out of the brown bag, measured it to fit their heads and taped on the leaves!! 


Here are my little warriors!! Oh how I love them. They are too, too cute!! 

I told you she was a Warrior Princess!!!
My best attempt to get a picture with them via me taking the pic. They were so much more into the sticks. Who would of thought?!?!
When daddy got home tonight we had a Indian picnic and he took our picture. Here we are. 
I'm off to go grind some acorns and skin a deer now. Or eat cookies and ice cream and watch Chopped. Whatever.  Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment