Sunday, August 21, 2011

Miss Crafty Pants Monday




I realize that I havent been too, too crafty lately, thanks to working the last couple of Mondays! But my real schedule has begun and I'm back! This last weekend the boys went deer hunting and Little Miss and I got some quality time. Not only did I get some quality time with my sweet baby girl but I also got alot of projects done. It's amazing what you can get done without a two year old around. Really amazing.

I saw this idea in a magazine a long time ago. As in before I had babies and before I got married ago. I have always wanted to do this and when Mister got a new backpack from his auntie Al for his birthday I jumped on the opportunity!

I ordered some removable chalkboard cling from Wallies.com. Then I took side pictures of my babies. I traced these on the computer using lined paper and cut them out. Then I taped the sillhouette to the back of this chalkboard paper and cut it out again! Then all you have to do is peel off the back and stick to the wall! Its amazing! I hung Mister's backpack and Little Miss' diaper bag underneath. Then I can write any important notes on their little sillhouettes! I'm in love.

I bought this chalkboard at a garage sale two years ago and have used it to write our our meals ever since.I decided to spruce it up with some stickers using lyrics from one of my favorite songs. Its so cute and just made this chalkboard stand out!

I also finally turned our laundry room into Mister's learning area. Since Im not teaching Kinder this year I had so much stuff just sitting in the garage, which is sad. Kinder stuff should never go to waste! :) So I turned the spot above his chalkboard into a school area. We are constantly working on letters, numbers and colors so this just makes it more fun! Hey maybe I'll start enjoying laundry. Or maybe not.

The alphabet is on the very top.

But also on the bottom.

I finally got these cute vintage Alphabet flash cards hung in Little Miss' room as well! They are so cute and match her room really well.

Here are my babies reunited. Mister was so excited to see his sister. He just layed with her on his belly and kissed her head. He had a great time with daddy riding the quad, playing with his trucks in the dirt and helping daddy find his "deer" (which is too little too mount :) ) but he missed his mama and sister! :)

Now were ending the night watching the Cowboys and eating lots of yummy food! Jalapeno dip, sweet potato fries, fried zucchini and egg rolls. Yum. Happy crafting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment