Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas.....

Merry Christmas Season Friends! It's beginning to look alot like Christmas around here! Here is my sweet Little Miss in a festive little outfit I picked for her last year on Christmas Eve on the clearance rack! I have waited a whole year for her to wear it!!! It made me so happy for her to wear it to church yesterday! 

And here is my Little Mister who isnt so little any more. Here he is sleeping in his big boy bed for the first time! He has done great, super easy transition. When Hubcap was taking his crib apart Little Mister kept telling me, "Daddy's breaking my bed! I'ts ok, I'll fix it! " :) Cute kid.

Here Mister is decorating his and Little Miss' tree. We are going later in the week to get a bigger real tree, but I thought it would be fun to decorate this little tree with the fun kid ornaments in their little corner of the living room. Mister did a great job, but he did want to play with all the tractor ornaments, instead of hanging them!!
What are all those cute numbered envelopes hanging in the background you might wonder? Well that my friends is the super cute advent calendar that my sister in law and I made last night! It is too cute for words! Here they are up close:
And here is the whole thing! It is so festive and cute, it might be my most favorite Christmas decoration! 

In each little envelope is an activity to do for the day leading up to Christmas. This idea is all over Pinterest so my sister in law and I combined some ideas to make up our own. 
Here are the activities I put in our little envelopes. Obviously not everyone's would be the same, these are fitted for a toddler, but some are for everyone. You could make it work for your family/season of life!  I think its a great way to enjoy the Christmas season. 
 1. Read about the birth of Jesus.
2. Eat a candy cane.
3. Go to Christmas Parade.
4. Get a Christmas tree.
5. Make Christmas tree footprints.
6. Donate food.
7. Read a Christmas book.
8. Make chalk angels.
9. Go to fun Christmas party!
10. North Pole Breakfast.
11. Go look at Christmas Lights.
12. Make a Christmas book.
13. Decorate felt Christmas tree.
14. Go see Santa.
15. Drink hot chocolate.
16. Watch a Christmas movie as a family.
17. Go see Gramsie and Papa Red.
18. Be a Shepard in the Christmas Play.
19. Make Christmas Cookies.
20. Take Goodie Baskets to neighbors.
21. Rudolph Lunch.
22. Make the house smell like Christmas 
23. Listen to Christmas Music-Dance Party!
24. Hang up Paper Snowflakes
25. Rejoice, Rejoice for our King is born! 
Doesn't our Christmas season look fun? What I did was go through my calendar and look at what we already had planned. Some of the events worked for a "advent" event for the day. Then I just plugged in other activities that would work for that day, smaller things on the days I work, etc. I am so excited because I think if we open the envelope right before we do the activity, Mister will really get it! I am also excited about our North Pole breakfast I'm planning for him, fun! 
Next week I have some really fun Christmas crafts to share with you, but until then Merry Christmas, and I hope you have a very FUN Christmas season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment