Thursday, November 3, 2011

To My Little Mister


To My Little Mister:
It's the month of November and thankfulness is swirling.Everywhere I look people are talking about being thankful and today little man, I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for you. My Mister Bister who made me a mama, who fills each day with joy..I am thankful for you.

Tonight I finally cleaned out your closet and it flooded me with memories. Memories of me standing in this same spot on a Thursday night years ago, Daddy at Mens Group and me hanging clothes in your closet, excited and nervous about this little boy who would call me mom. Tonight, as I took too small shirts and onesies off the hangers and replaced them with "little men" shirts and a Super Grover cape  a new excitement filled my heart. Sad too that my little baby boy who I waited for so eagerly is now a little boy. A little boy who can now play pretend with his toys and call me Mom and ask me for "Num Num Num" (bubble gum).
But excited too, to see who you have become and who you are becoming.

Little Mister most days you give me a run for my money. You are wild and full of energy and so strongwilled. You are teaching me so much about patience and love. There are low moments that I feel like I am failing as a parent when you flail on the floor and pout or act naughty at church and then you turn around and raise me to the highest of highs when you say on your own at the dinner table, " Done, excuse me mom" and "thanks", and will help me at the drop of a hat.

I love watching you learn new things and then explain them to me. Today you told me all about the clouds in the sky, the train at the Pumpkin Farm and playing with your Papa Red. You are smart as a whip and I'm pretty sure you know it.

You are a fantastic big brother. Your sister is so spoiled by you. Even on the roughest of days your sweet side shines through with her. You have never once been mean to her, jealous a few times of course but always kind and loving to her. She is your baby and when you look at her and light up, my whole heart melts. It is love at its finest....

Little Mister I love you with my whole heart. Today I thankful for you, for the moments you bring, high and low and the joy and "family" you have brought to our home.

Love, Mama

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it"

No comments:

Post a Comment