We started off by singing the song Arky Arky. Mister got a set of Sunday School Sing Along cd's for his birthday (thanks cousin!) and he loves to listen to them and dance. But today was different. I had the three of us sit in a little circle and we sang the song and did little motions. It was a great practice of self control, seeing as Mister is usally on the go. I have been working on him sitting still and following directions in that setting.
After we sang our little song we read this book:
I got this book for 10 cents at a garage sale a year ago. It is a really cute book and even has little stuffed animals and a Noah that you can play with. It is the perfect book to fit the attention span of a two year old!
After we got done reading we made this art project:
Mister helped me glue the "boat" on and then he handed me the different color "puffs". I had to use a hot glue gun so obviously he couldnt help glue.... but he still had fun. While we worked I had him work on a two year old version of the verse written on the boat, " This is my sign"... At our church the kiddos always memorize a verse and recite it to the congregation before the main service. Nothing sweeter than little ones quoting scripture!
And here we are playing Noah's Ark. What you didnt know Rainbow Brite was on the ark? Mister went and got his animals and lined his chairs up so I had to put Little Miss on the ark too! So sweet...
So there was our special Sunday School for the day! Short and sweet, about thirty minutes but the perfect way to spend a Sunday morning if we couldnt go to church.
" I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." Psalms 119:11
No comments:
Post a Comment