Good Morning! Mister decided to wake up bright and early this morning so we are enjoying Sesame Street on the couch. Oh how I love Sesame Street.
Last week Mister and I made a Thanksgiving Book using his handprint. It turned out really cute so I am excited to share it.
Here is the cover. I cut up a diaper box into the shape I wanted and then covered it in paper. This made the book a little more sturdy. Dont you love our little Thanksgiving tree? I made these little turkey handprints when Mister was three months old, they make me happy. The tree was a tree that my mom had at her baby shower and we used all growing up. Then when I was pregnant with Mister it was at my baby shower and now we use it!
And here are the pages. Oh my stars, arent they so cute! I probably look at this book once a day, just because his little handprint is so cute. I eventually wrote under or next to each little Picture as well; The Mayflower, Pilgrim, Indian or if you would like to be politically corect Native American and finally turkey. Mister is proud because he can read his book!
Heres what I did:
Mayflower: painted whole hand brown, added sails
Pilgrim: only painted four fingers black and his palm peach, then drew on his bill of his hat and face
Native American: only painted four fingers in "feather" colors, palm a light brown and then drew on face and headband
Turkey: painted all five fingers
So there you have it! So cute!!
And speaking of cute, I will leave you with some pictures of my cute fall babies. Love my lovelies!
Happy Fall Y'All!
Ha! That is hilarious we made the same things!!! yes.. great minds/moms think alike haha! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat other crafts do you have up your sleeve?
I think we're going to finish off our turkey/thanksgiving extravaganza with a turkey who's feathers are made out of leaves... we'll see.
Hope you're having a great Thursday!